
Wow. Yes, it has been a long time. Fear not. I am still here. So, get this. They locked my blog because it looked like SPAM. What? What part of my blog seems like spam? I am not a hacker. I don't even "know how that works" so whatever! So, it may actually take days for this dang post to even show up because they have to review my blog and make sure it's legit. Ha.
Since I have a few different items to blog about today, I decided to do it in chapters.
Chapter one: Baahhston!
My parents and I recently visited Boston to see Ethan get baptized. This was a great trip and was full of family-ness. We hardly even did any sight-seeing at all. I am okay with that because I do make it out there 1-2 times a year anyway. It was so fun just to be with family. I adore my nieces and nephews!Erin was in one of her good moods at that moment, so I whisper-yelled to my dad to take a photograph so I could prove we're friends. One night, I showed her a picture like this of us together and said, "Hey, we're friends!" and she replied, in her two-year-old voice, "We're not friends." Wow. Them's fightin' words. She cannot be blamed, though. Erin had a horrible fever after we got there which landed her, Marissa, and Grandma Nicci in the hospital until the wee hours of the morning. Not fun... but she is doing well now!
Dinner at Legal Sea Foods! The lobstah. It's like buttah. Here are me and Pinchy in the ever-necessary Legal Sea Foods lobstah photo.
This was the look I was given every time I pulled out the camera after the fever ensued, and this was the day I went home. Oh how I adore her!
The baptism was a huge success, even with mom's doctrinally-incorrect talk about Wilford Woodruff translating the Book of Mormon with Joseph Smith and getting the Priesthood and baptizing him. Not a big deal, mom, really. At least we all knew what you meant. Just think if you had said something like, "Ethan, when you turn eight, it is a special time. You get to be baptized into the church, receive the Holy Ghost, and begin plural marriage. Welcome to the fold." Now THAT would've been disastrous, especially with the non-member who attended. So I say, hey, count your blessings Grandma.
We got to walk the kids to school, go to great restaurants like Bertuccis (my favorite), have a tea party, and have adult time too with one of the most funny games of Apples to Apples I have ever played. The grandmas were wheezing from laughing so hard when the green card was "Hysterical" and the red card read "My Body"... Calm it down, grandmas.
At our Tea Parties, you must be polite, and you must wear a hat. I even spoke with Julia in a British accent and she replied "Perhaps next time your sister and brrrrrother can come" and she totally rolled that r-sound. It was adorable. Also, any time you can order British Clotted Cream or Devon Cream, do it! Put it on a blueberry scone with lemon curd... ahhhh droooool....
On Saturday, after the baptism, we decided we were jealous Ethan got to be in a font and decided to go swimming at the hotel. The kids were adorable. Jordan is absolutely fearless in the water. I loved it. My favorite part of the pool party, though, was the uninvited guest from the third floor. So the hotel is shaped like a triangle, with the middle hollowed out so you can look up and see all three floors and each room. The pool is on the ground floor, in the middle, so basically everyone can just watch you swim from their bedroom window. G-H-E-T-T-O but it was $75/night, so... no complaints. Wait, yes, I do have a complaint! Back to the INTRUDER! First off, every time we are in Boston, or any big city for that matter, I get hit on by a black guy. So I'm walking from the pool to my towel by the parents, and I hear: "Hey! HEY!" so I looked up at the third floor, and there was a black man, holding something like this over the railing:
"Hey!! YOU WANT SOME CAKE?!!" Ummm well that depends, sir. Is it laced with pot? Can we share it in your bedroom? Do I need to put some clothes on first? He yelled it for the entire hotel to hear, and I thought he might drop the cake on me, so I politely answered, "Uhh, no thanks" and hid under a canopy for a while. Did I mention I was in my swimming suit and soaking wet? Our new family joke is: "Hey! HEY! YOU WANT SOME CAKE?" now. We love it. Ohhh good times.
Chapter two: Providence, Rhode Island
After all the fun, it was time to return home. My flight was a couple hours after mom and dad's and it was out of Providence, though theirs was out of Boston. So, they had to drop me off in Providence hours before my flight. Don't you worry. Dad told me about an amazing mall in Providence, and I googled it the night before, where I was therefore lost for hours in all the wonderful chances I would have the next day at Providence Place.
This five-story complex is a shopper's heaven. I think it should be renamed "Paradise Palace at Providence Place" but that's just me. Nordstrom, Coach, Tiffany & Co., Nine West, Lindt chocolates, Brooks Brothers, Ann Taylor, Ann Taylor Loft, Gap, Banana Republic, ALDO, J. Crew, the works!

Luckily, I was able to catch a really great sale at Nine West. I got this wallet for $15...
...and these shoes were marked at $80 but I got them for $47. I assure you, they are even hotter when they're on feet.
On that note, remember the dress I wanted to buy for my Xmas party at work and the cruise? "Oh yeah, Lindsey, I remember. The one that was super cute and would've looked good on your curves?" Yes, the very one. SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE! They had it one size, too big for me. So, I guess it's ironic that I tried to lose weight to let myself buy it. Whatever. So mad.
Chapter three: Tori's bday!
Happy bday, Tbird. I love it when Tori abbreviates things to the first letter and then the second half of the word "my b-day" etc. "I cannnnn't handle it!" She will probably murder me if/when she finds this post, but oh well. I love her and had to put up some pics.
Oh yeah, Kiera's prego. :)
Chapter four: Walking/Rocking Out/Working Out
I started walking the past couple weeks. Our Singles Ward has volleyball at the church every Tuesday, so I have been walking there and back (which was stupid because I turned down a ride from a guy because I need to walk to lose weight to date him... but wait... he offered me a ride and I turned it down... well Lindsey... you're the stupidest person ever)
Last night, I finally remember I have an iPod. Hello! Take it with you! So, I did. Oh man, I tell ya what. Beyonce's new song "All the Single Ladies (Put a Ring on it)" really pumps up my energy level. If you have seen the video, please agree with me that she is amazing and if I could move 1/389457th as well as she does, well, I'd probably be married because men love dancers. So, it was playing through my headphones, and I was literally dancing down the street on my way back to the house. I would stop when a car would come by, and it was 10:00pm, so nobody could really see me. I was totally getting into it, too, and it felt GREAT. I am SO WEIRD!
This is what I expect I may have looked like, and I pictured Jennifer Grey as Baby in Dirty Dancing, in this very scene, while I was dancing down the street:
Okay, what a long update. I hope you didn't fall asleep! Also, last night, I was up late because Jenn got me hooked on this hysterical blog all about cake wrecks. Check it out if you're bored. It's pretty funny. Keep in mind, too, they're all professionally done. It reminds me of Jay Leno's Headlines on Monday nights.
NEXT WEEK IS THANKSGIVING!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Yes I'm Still Alive!
Posted by Lindsey at 12:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You forgot to tell the story of how they don't have your dress in your size anywhere in the country. Yes they suck.
And if any of us could dance one-millionth as good as Beyoncé we wouldn't have so many dramas in our lives. Aaaah, the singles ladies for sure.
Oh, and I LOOOVE your new blog look. You are so cute. And I'm happy you finally updated so I can have something to read. :)
Yay for the update!! I loved it!
I think my favorite part was how you don't "know how that works". "Can't they lift me? I'm flying, I'm flying". Oh, man. Also I can't believe they thuoght you were a spammer.
And that cake wrecks blog is AWESOME!! My coworker got me hooked on it a while ago. There is one where someone did Van Gogh's Starry Night on cupcakes! It was incredible.
Come visit sometime. Sofie is getting so big!
You are one hilarious babe! I think the story of the black man and the cake is the funniest story I've heard in a while. I laughed out loud in the HBLL. Good thing I was in the no-shhh zone.
Also, you are kidding me they thought you were spam. I thought you were kidding b/c of the picture of spam at the top...but it sounds like you're serious. So how do they decide if blogs are spam?
I am so glad you got to go home for a baptism and had a tea party- two of the best things you could possibly do with your family. Hey, tell your mom I had no idea WW was there translating too. Wow, the things you learn. It's ok. Not like I've ever done anything embarrassing like that...
Post a Comment