
Welcome to the start of a new series, "Bygone Blogging" - which should be a fun treat for myself, even if nobody else likes it.
Since blogging had not been introduced to the world until I was older, I decided to scan and post some old journal entries from when I was a kid. Journaling on paper is how we used to do it, kids! Crazy! So, for my (and hopefully your) enjoyment, here is the first post of the series:
1-10-94 The Very First Entry of my Very First Journal
I had lot's of fun today. In school, we have a new system. It's in lunch. Instead of using a ticket, all you have to do is to type in your number and say your name. It's really fun. In singing and dancing lessons, we are learning some new songs for our new performance. My mom, Eva Maria Andersen, signed me up for the BYU Children's chior. I'm going to an appointment on Wednesday, January 12, 1994. I'm really excited. This will be a good experience for me. I might even meet some new friends! I have a crush on a boy named Zach. He is so cute. Last night, I was on my balcony singing with my cousin, Lisa. Zach lives across from me and saw me and my cousin. I saw him. I waved at him. He was in his room. He waved back.
(Age 9)
1-11-94
Today, when I went to school, I had a ponytail in my hair. I could not stand it. I took it out. I had piano lessons today. It really went good. I was doing the wrong thing in Beyer. Beyer is the name of one of my piano books. I have Hanon, Beyer, and pieces on just plain paper. My mom and I went shopping today. I also showed her some tricks on some bars when we went to my school playground. Something BAD is happening at school. We have Mr. McCardy for a subsitute in social studies. Every body in the school hates him. All he talks about is trust. Trust, trust, trust, trust is all he can say it seems like. I am still really excited about BYU. I have an appointment tomorrow for an audition.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Bygone Blogging
Posted by Lindsey at 4:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Something BAD is happening at school- we have a substitute. I love that.
I'm watching Back to the Future RIGHT NOW! I am glad you were still recording every boy encounter back in the day.
I should find my old journals. I'm sure they would be identical to your old journal entries.
Yikes linds, yikes yikes yikes!!! I love the idea! (I'm surprised I didn't think of it!) keep it up! Except you should've started with Jr. High, right?
The ultimate memory monday! Expect a copy cat one from me soon :-)
HAHAHAHAHAH. My mom, Eva Maria Andersen . . .i love it!! you are the funniest girl i know!
Lot's of love,
Heather
(get it??? lot's?? hahahah)
Eva Maria Andersen here. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your journal entries. I determined never to betray my children's trust by peeking in their journals, so I'm loving reading what you thought back then!
Mom
TRUST!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment