Here are the last few scans from my first journal... my favorite is the full-page description of my cowgirl outfit. Other points to notice: the ambiguous and creepy ending of the first page, my love for baseball even though I had no idea what it was, mnemonic devices for remembering names, sloth-like smiley faces, showing off some skin, and fulfilling my vain desires by mentioning how much my (dad's) hat cost. Enjoy!


6-21-94
This morning I had to go to piano lessons. YUCK! I HATE piano lessons. I'm playing Appregios. I don't know how to spell it. I don't even know if that's the word! In Beyer, my goal is to finish Beyer by the end of summer. I'm playing Sonata KR5 or somthing like that. I'm also playing "A Child's Prayer." that's a primary song. Well, I'm really happy. I'm out of school!!!!! Out of fourth grade!!!!! Horray!!!!! Horray!!!!! I miss my teacher though. her name is Cindy Jaramillo. Do 'ya think that's hard to remember? It's not! Just remember Caramillo, the candy bar. I'm going into fifth grade!!!!! I can't wait!!!!! All though I get the most mean, strict, I don't like her, Mrs. Foster. We played night games today. Or should I say tonight?
6-22-94
I have these one summer Scera tickets. They go to some movies that i've already seen. Well, some of them. They're movie tickets. I go sometimes with my friend, Millie. If I don't, then she's on a trip. The tickets are good only on Wednesdays, at ten o'clock, A.M. We've already seen, Dennis the Menace, Once Apon a Forest, Free Willy, and today we saw the Sandlot. I love that show! And that taller, greatest baseball player on the team, Benny, is so dang CUTE!!!!!!!!!! Base ball is my favorite sport, you know. Even though I'm not that good at it. Oh, by the way, I made it into BYU Children's chior. But, they pushed too hard. So, I quit. And then, a couple days ago, I saw that they were going to all these places in the world. The're going to sing in one of the biggest parades in the world! The're going to perform with the great Hong Kong choir. The're becoming more famous, and the're moving up to better things! But, hey, My mom wouldn't let me quit piano, and I loved Sunshine Generation. I just had too many things to do. We played night games today. All we played was 52 Bonkers. Then, every body had to go in. Except, Spencer and I. Well, it's 11:40. I'm so TIRED!!!!!!!!!! So that's a rap! G'bye!!
6-23-94
Today, I didn't get dressed 'til' 2:30pm. I wore a jean skirt' with ruffles. I wore a white leather belt. I wore tight shorts under my skirt that were pretty long. So, I just rolled them up. I wore a white t-shirt. It was pretty see-through, so I had to wear a bra. I wore a jean vest that I got for Christmas. It is supposed to have flowers sewn on to it. But, unfortunately, most of them fell off. Sorry that this isn't a to interesting subject, but it's all that I could think of. It has a big, round white butten. It has a white trim. I wore a dark grey, big, cute, 200.00 hat. It was a cowboy hat. It has a black band around it. It's really nice. We're going camping tomorrow so I'm not going to be able to write in this. So, I'll miss a day or two. Bye!
P.S. I didn't write again for months and months. Certainly I could have shared more outfits with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So sad we missed out on that.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Bygone Blogging - Exclamation Points and Training Bras
Posted by Lindsey at 10:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
as a fellow sunshine generation-er, i must commend you on your decision to quit the world-traveling BYU children's choir and stay with the SG. i mean, the outfits we wore were hottttt.
seriously though, i'm so impressed that you even got into the choir. you are so talented!
these are my favorite entries.
heather
I can totally see your mom, "Lindsey, go put on a bra!!"
I can see they are going on to bigger and better things without me..so disappointed.
You were such a confidant child and opinionated. Very nicely done. I think Benny's cute too. Still. Course I look out for jail bait, so it shouldn't be any surprise.
Post a Comment