I turned 23 this week.
Hahaha.
Okay, I'm a little older than that. In my mind, I'm still 23. At Ward Prayer, they asked us what we would wish for if we were granted one wish. I said "Turn back the clock." I've reached that level of feeling elderly and wanting to go back. I think my Singles Ward friends are surprised I don't live in a nursing home yet.
I had a thought the other day while stuck in traffic and having intense anger toward every other driver on the road... that maybe I could just ram my car into them and that will teach them a lesson. Plus, it could be fun, like Bumper Cars. Then I thought, "and then maybe I'd be in a coma in the hospital and lose weight easily." Then... "and then what if I don't wake up for two years and two days, and when I do, I'm 30!!!!!!!!??!?!?" That was the scariest thought of all.
So, having enlightened you on my thoughts of my advancing years, I shall now move on to the positives. My birthday was AWESOME!
Thursday, 9/6 - Pedicures and Cold Stone with Tori. You rock, girl. My toes rock. Thank you!!
Friday, 9/7 - We carried on last year's traditions with Tori bringing me McDonalds breakfast and then a trip to SLC for dinner at the Blue Iguana and walking around! We were so tired and hungry and I was on a royal crankfest from the aforementioned traffic predicament. This mini-trip cleared that all up and we were SO happy to eat that glorious food and be serenaded by our favorite missionary couple!
I slipped them a little tip and said, "Come sing to us again!" They said they would, but didn't. I guess the two dollars I had in my wallet wasn't enough for an encore.
We then walked around City Creek for a bit and drove home. On the drive, I got a call from Spencer asking where I was at. Heather deduced that he was in Orem! "Wait, are you at my house?!?" "I'm at MY house.... my parents' house." Spence and Caitlyn came up for a surprise visit! We got to talk with them for a bit and I was just so excited and happy!
Saturday, 9/8 - Had a party at Nickel City. I didn't want to clean my house for hours and spend money on food for everyone, so I decided to take the party elsewhere this year. We had fun and I got dead last on my team in Laser Tag, per usual. I think I beat a 6-yr-old on the other team. I think.
Sunday, 9/9 - I will spare you the details of the crazy morning, but Head and Tori made me pumpkin gingerbread chocolate chip waffles with homemade buttermilk syrup and real whipped cream. I die. We die. It was bomb. THANK YOU, LADIES, FOR AN AWESOME WEEK!!! Spence then made coconut and chicken Paella at the Wilson's and we didn't have to prepare or clean up dinner! It was SO GOOD. We all loved it. I couldn't stop quoting Estelle Costanza, though: "What am I going to do with all this Paella?!" Creme Brulee custard for dessert... good night, nurse. You can probably guess the next quote we all had a problem suppressing:
Spence and Caitlyn left, and we had cake and ice cream at the house with Oma and Tom. Always a good time. I recently watched Fiddler on the Roof and love the Sabbath Prayer scene with the candles. I was trying to reenact that with my number-close-to-30 candles.
I then saw this pic on my phone and about died. What the possessed?!?? HAHA
Andrea came by with Sof and Dia and gave me my annual salsa gift and some CUTE blocks that spell out "LAUGH" - so dang adorable! Unfortunately, the salsa leaked and exploded yesterday, so there is no liquid left, just veggies I had to smash down during the commotion. I was really looking forward to it. I might still eat it. Botulism can't grow that quickly, right??? RIGHT??
What a GREAT week it has been. THANK YOU EVERYONE who participated in any way and made me feel special! Thank you for all the Facebook posts and all the love.
You guys keep me young.
P.S. I just want to take a moment to express my love and sympathy to all those who lost loved ones on this day 11 years ago. I was driving to school with Andrea when her car radio announced the first plane had hit the tower. We watched the news in our classes that day and called loved ones. I weep when I think of it. In my last class of the day, Mrs. Crampton told us we would not watch the news, because Americans are about rising from adversity, and we would continue on learning. If we stopped working, that was a win for the terrorists. Though I can see her point, I was devastated that she wouldn't let us watch. To those firemen, policemen, service workers, any others who helped remove people from the disaster, I offer my heartfelt thanks. Lives were brutally taken that day for no good reason, as we all know, and I just wanted to say I will never forget.
4 comments:
No liquid, only veggies? AGH!
Happy Birthday to the most mature 23 year old I know. We should throw syrup and gum in each other's hair.
Happy Birthday! I am really glad your week was awesome. Getting older is weird because you don't feel older, but then you tell someone your age and wonder if it's really right and how the *&#& that happened. Haha.
I am soooo happy you had a great birthday week!
remember when you came to visit!?!?!? that was an awesome time :) miss your bones.
Ps- you still think you're 23? I still think I'm 17. You're much more advanced emotionally than me.
Post a Comment