- J&H (see this post) is engaged. He went through a dark time after me, then wooed another ward member (he told her he loved her as well), then moved to Vegas when that didn't work out. Two weeks later, he was in a committed relationship, and another week or two after that, he got engaged. Just... thought you'd all like to know... I hope it works out for them.
- We sold the yellow house. We are ready for the new family (10 kids!) to make memories there, but it is still pretty bittersweet. We went through a few days of crazy packing/moving/cleaning, and we are still in shock that we got it done. Thank you to EVERYONE who helped out!!
- My parents decided to keep the piano in the family!! I am so grateful for/to them, and we are keeping it at my condo for now! I LOVE IT!!!
- I went through a crazy illness that attacked my nervous system, and was out of commission almost the entire month of May. I'm still dealing with residual effects, and will be for several months at least. Let's just say I hit my $2500 health insurance out-of-pocket-maximum this year. I also had to miss a surprise trip to Washington for Head's b-day AND Mother's Day, which was pretty devastating. Delta waived the change fee, though, since I was in the ER for pre-syncope episodes. Thanks, Delta.
- Spencer graduated MED SCHOOL!! He is currently doing his surgery residency in NYC! ♪Concrete jungle where dreams are made of... ♪ We are so proud of him. Our entire family (minus in-laws) was able to be there for it. I was sick, but wouldn't have missed it for the world. A huge THANK YOU to my dear parents who drove to Utah to help me out, take me to doc appts, and drive me to Vegas (even though they had planned to fly there). I couldn't have done it without you guys. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Love you so much!! I even managed to stand up for family photos.
- I have the greatest friends and family in the world. That is all.
- Caitlyn's brother needed a pianist for a dinner his office was holding, and I got to do it! It was my first-ever paying gig, and I got $90 for about an hour of playing. I really wish I could do that more. I loved it. I'm not a fancy Nordstrom pianist, but I can sit down and whip out elevator music for an hour or two. One guy came up and asked if I could play Piano Man, which I thought was weird since I was just doing soft background music for a nice dinner. I told him no, and he asked, "What about Ben Folds?" Go away.
- Malibu Stacy got in her fifth car accident since I bought her seven years ago. This was the first time I've been in it when it has been hit. Isn't that ridiculous? That sweet car has stood up to more pain and anguish than it deserves. This was my fourth car accident ever, and, as always, was not my fault. The other driver couldn't see his light turn red because of the sun, and he rammed into my side as I went through the intersection at my green light. I don't really understand how the Malibu hasn't been totaled, and how I've never been seriously injured. I am sure grateful for that.
- I got an anonymous gift at work from the pink post-it caper, as I will refer to him. I still don't know who did it, but I have a good idea... It was so cute and totally made my day. I put that post-it on my monitor so I can see it every day and smile. Chocolates? Yes, please. Ghiradelli? Marry me.
- Last, but not least, I have a great life. I have challenges, but they bring me closer to God, and I am really grateful for that. Thanks for reading!
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Hey, an update!
Posted by Lindsey at 11:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
You have had so much going on--lots of ups and downs! I'm sorry for the downs, but am super excited for the ups, such as having your parents' beautiful grand piano in your condo!! Yes, please!!
Love the update - it's been way too long since our last lunch and I've missed you. Also, super jealous about the piano!
Love your posts! See you later today.
Loving your update. I am such a slacker, on commenting, but it's not my fault! Ever since Google Reader shut down, I haven't been up to date nearly as much as I used to be. Therefore and thus, please forgive me.
I will now leave...to read more posts! :)
I haven't been on here in a while! But each time I get on you always make me laugh ;) You should seriously do stand up Linds! Yea for Spencer's Graduation! Feels like it was a year ago... <3
How did I miss this update?? I didn't know you guys kept the piano!!! That is awesome. Miss you!!
Post a Comment