Monday, December 28, 2009

A Hint of Posts to Come...


So, I went to Europe. I have a lot to blog about it, but do not have the pictures yet. The two on here were from my phone and are about as good as I have. As soon as I get the real ones, I will post about Romania, England, Christmas, etc.

Today, however, the newly ENGAGED HBeck and I made some top ten lists of our trip to Europe. I thought I'd share them so you can at least get some excitement for what's coming.

Top Ten Grossest Moments
10. Tight pants with a button-down fly that extended into the thigh region - on a man.
9. Tomato Slushee served on AirFrance.
8. Mincemeat Pie and all British food.
7. Lack of Paper Towels in the public restroom. Here, use this community towel. Yumm!
6. A man and woman frenching in front of my face as we were packed on the Tube in London. Even his approach was tongue-out.
5. Being hit on by married men.
4. Running over the head of a decapitated dog.
3. Being kissed on the cheek by a creep who wouldn't let go of my hand in Picadilly Circus... and him calling me "Lovely Lindsey"...
2. I will censor this, but it had to do with what we assumed Christmas Pudding and Jugs of Cream were.
1. The TV in the hotel. That is all I will say.

Top Ten Funniest Quotes
10. "I don't see row BB anywhere" - while at Les Miserables... "Lindsey??" - Heather, pointing to the three chairs on the side of the pit, up against the stage... labeled BB.
9. "Put some pants on!!!!" - when the outlet adapter popped and smoked and we were afraid sprinklers would go off and the staff would burst into our room... and the running around that ensued, plus putting the smoking adapter out the window, stubbing my toe and falling over my suitcase in the dark, and Heather jumping to the window - all in about 2.3 seconds.
8. "AHH! AHH! AHH! AHH! AHH!" - what was screamed when the TV was on.
7. "We are trying to get a hot porno film to come to the set soon. It's called 'On Top'." - Elena, from the studios we worked with.
6. "Are you still asleep? It's 1:30!" - my dad calling us when we had not realized how late we slept on one of our few London days.
5. "You want chickin in your other room?" - The heavily-accented front desk attendant. "Chicken?" - me.
4. "It's about a five-minute walk from here." or "It's about a 20-minute walk" Not once, when we heard those words, was our walk under 40 minutes or... three hours.
3. "Are threes good?" - Heather, to a little private school uniformed boy next to her on the tube, while reviewing his report card full of "3" marks.
2. "That's why I'm marrying Dan." - me. "Our driver?" - TC, talking about our middle-old-aged driver who looked like Boris the Butcher and smoked like a chimney. When we looked over at Dan, he looked up as if he heard nothing and it was pretty awkward the rest of the trip.
1. "I just have one request..." - Heather, while we were crowded in the elevator at the Starlight Suites with three married men... "...no kissing..." (looks of disgust) "...between the men." *To clarify, she did not mean that it was ok for other kissing to occur either. We each had our fair share of awkward.

2 comments:

Merilee said...

Wow, that sounds fantastic. I wish to hear more. I am so jealous. Sooooo jealous of you being with Heather, of Heather being with you, of all the awkwardness. I'm coming next time.

HJolley said...

BOWL. I just died. Tears just filled my eyes as I even read that. HAHAHAHAAH. best trip ever. you are the best.