I have heard the following things or read them in an email in the past few weeks:
- "I don't want to be a pestimic.... but this assignment isn't benefishing my career."
- "I think you are doing a great job as the new administrative assistant and realize that you are mostly doing what Dr. Todd and Sorenson are asking you to do. However, you might try and think about how to ask the teams when and where they are meeting in a different way so that it does not come across as big brother watching."
- "We are not comparing you to Vauna. In fact, the other day, we were talking about this, and Bob said, 'but Lindsey is fast.'" (sounds like comparing me is EXACTLY what you were doing)
- "You are from Orem? Interesting. The music you're listening to... I just... don't really expect someone from Orem to listen to that." me: what, top 40? "Yeah." me: what did you expect, Classical? "Yeah."
- "What type of a watch is that? It's really awesome." me: what do you mean? "Like, Rolex?" me, looking at the dial, where he is looking, where it clearly says the designer's name: um no... it's just a fashion designer.
- me, a hundred times: Have a great day! or... Have a great weekend! or... Thank you! and "[crickets chirping]" from them every day
- This actually happened to a secretary in the department, not me: "Hi. Here's what I don't like about you."
- "I like your bobble-doll."
5 comments:
Wow, some of those are really ... wow :) Hope your having fun over there!
So finding the "one" at your new job probably isn't going to happen then. But at least you're fast and trying to help benefish their careers. That has to count for something!
Classical. Nice. After all, Classical is the only music acceptishing to the Lord.
linz! that place is crazy! as least you are faster than vauna!
Oh I love this so so much. Seriously, the best. Thank you for sharing your gems!!!
Post a Comment