On 11/11/11, my coworkers listened as I expressed my plans of getting married on 11/11/11. They asked how that was working out for me.
I said I still had a few hours.
Sadly, I did not have a wedding on 11/11/11. I then joked that I can shoot for 12/12/12.
Carl said, "I want to see that in writing, on your goal board." My goal board is where I put circles of tasks that branch off from each other. These are tasks that need to be completed by semester-end. Here is the new goal board, hanging next to my desk.It gets quite a few laughs - especially the "Go on a date" bit, but there was one different response.
Billy.
"What's 12/12/12? Oh a wedding day? Do you have a groom?"
"No, hence the bubble that says 'Find groom'."
"Oh, I have the same problem!"
"Really? You need a groom too?!"
"Well... a wife, anyway... so...."
"right..."
"Maybe we could help each other out. We should just get together."
"Umm"
Then he left, awkwardly laughing on his way out.
Monday, November 28, 2011
The Goal.
Posted by Lindsey at 11:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Eek. Eeeeek.
I was totally waiting for him to ask you out!!
What?! That's how he left? We will need to discuss this further - lunch on friday :)
Does Billy get to join the list of awkward guys that can only be known by their equally awkward nicknames?
You guys just need to go out already. You have been asked out by him (sort of) a couple times now. Let me know how it goes. HAHA.
Some people hook up with less.
bahaha....thank you, Eva for that comment! oh billy...
Duh it is TOTALLY happening!!!
Post a Comment