Store clerk, 25-yr-old male: Do you like Dilbert?
Me: Oh yeah, it's funny, but this is for someone else.
Clerk: I don't get Dilbert. I'm not smart enough.
Me: Oh, well, I think you just need to work in an office - then you'll get it and think it's funny.
Clerk: Well that's the thing. I'm not smart enough to work in an office.
Me: Well... ermm... uhhh
Clerk: That's just it. Everything in my life stems back to me being just plain dumb.
Me: Well, you sell calendars! That's something!
Clerk: Pft. You want to know the only reason I accepted this job? My brother-in-law owns the company and told me it would be easy. I thought I could come here and just slack off. I cannot BELIEVE how popular calendars are this time of year!
Me: Well, with Christmas gifts, and the new year coming up...
Clerk: I mean seriously! I thought I could just come here and play video games all day, but nooooo.
Me: Oh...
Clerk: Yeah, for real. I thought I could bring in my TV and just sit here and slack off all day long. I don't think my TV even fits under this table! I mean, seriously, I --
Me: Thanks! [walked away quickly with purchase]
PS - a few days later, a woman told me my "daughter" (my 21-yr-old sister) was cute.
AND - 1000 bonus points to the first person who figures out what retro Christmas song I was quoting in the post title.

3 comments:
What is Christmas Wrapping?
Ohh, good call! 1000 points!
WOOOOW. You meet the weirdest people. I love how you tried to make his job selling calendars sound exciting. You are the best.
Post a Comment