I keep meanly glaring at this Pinterest post on my feed called, "22 Benefits of Being Married" - and decided to replace my jealousy with gratitude. So, I'm making my own list. 22 Benefits of Being Me. I am not self-obsessed. I am just trying to count my blessings. Savvy?
For those of you fortunate enough to be familiar with Parks and Recreation, this is the attitude I need to adopt:
1. I have the best family ever.
2. I am employed and have great benefits and unlimited sick time.
3. Though I'm not yet married, being single totally has its perks.
4. I have an amazing hairdresser and just got a wicked fun new 'do.
Before and After (yes these were taken in my work restroom so people didn't think I was obsessed with myself and saw me taking selfies - deal with it) -

5. I can travel.
6. I have a degree from a great university.
7. I paid off my car.
8. I moved into an awesome condo and am surrounded by fellow older singles.
9. I laugh at everything. Every day.
10. I can out-quote almost any normal person when it comes to movies.
11. My new condo has a maid service once a month.
12. I have the knowledge of the gospel.
13. I have green eyes.
14. I may not be able to run a mile, decorate a home, paint a landscape, draw a correct stick figure, or curl my tongue, but hey - I am pretty musical, and I love music.
15. I totally fixed my own headlight and saved tons of $$$$$$$ - Head and Mike helped with tools. This is how I felt afterward:
16. I can follow a recipe and produce delicious results.
17. I am not drama. Girls who say those words usually are, and I recognize that. I try to not be contentious or overstep boundaries.
18. I have a very comfortable life and realize that I enjoy a ton more than those with less fortunate circumstances.
19. I can help others. I got seven mosquito bites in a row on my arm while weeding for someone who needed it with my Relief Society sistahs. I can donate funds to good causes. I have the means and ability to help lift others' burdens. I am so very grateful for that.
20. I have amazing friends, and we stay friends.

21. I am a Daughter of God.
22. To sum it all up, I know I have a great life. I know I want it to be different in many ways, but for this last reason, I'm going to just say that I have faith and hope and a testimony in my life now and my life yet to come.
P.S. If you want to feel good about yourself, you should probably take after Jessica, and do these daily affirmations in the mirror:










8 comments:
Love the Beyonce photo and love you! You are great, and I am so grateful for your friendship. And love your new hair. I cannot wait to see you in a couple of weeks. Piano/singing time!
LOVE the hair, and I know we're real friends because you didn't post a current picture of me ;)
This made me smile for so many reasons!! I love your attitude.
The Beyonce pic made me laugh!
You are awesome and I love you.
Love it! Glad we're friends (even with the fly on my teeth!). Also, I had never seen "Jessica's Affirmations" - please tell me you do that every morning in front of the mirror! :)
I just read this wonderful post! Sorry I'm so late to the party. So glad you could be with us for the weekend. Love you.
oh, jessica. What a pearl.
You're a pearl too and i love you. I'm so glad you and Beyonce finally worked out your "issues" and can be BFFs again. I'll sleep better now.
loves
Yay that I made the friends pics. However, I am DYING at that horrible tongue out photo. What the heck? Let's just pretend it does not look at all like me and we can make fun of some other weirdo. Haha. Love you Wendy! I have been jealous of your life more than once. :)
Great post. I love Kira's Beyonce comment
Post a Comment