Monday, September 30, 2013

A Beautiful Mind

Okay, confession time.

I have some pretty abnormal, ridiculous, and irrational fears.  The movie "A Beautiful Mind" freaked me out.  It was, however, Russell Crowe's best work.  "THIS I SWEAR BY THE STARRRS!"  (shudder)  -








I recently watched it again, by myself, in the dark.  That was dumb.

What if....

1. I have Schizophrenia and don't know it, because I only remember this side of myself?

2. Down the road, someone enters my life, and I later find out that I made up the whole thing???

3. I am actually a little mentally handicapped and everyone is too nice to tell me - and everyone feels sorry for me?

4. I go crazy later in life and do horrible things without knowing it?

5. I think about this so much and end up giving myself these problems psychosomatically?


My mom reminded me that I wouldn't have a steady job if any of these happened to be true, and that someone would have at least made a comment to their validity already in my life.  She is the best.

I also have a fear of rubber bands snapping and balloons that could pop near me.  Like crazy fear.  Like - crazy.  See?  I could be CRAZY!

So, I just want to know - what are some things you are afraid of that others may think are silly?

Spiders are a given.

Go.

8 comments:

Brittany said...

Cats, I don't think that's irrational though...

stevie kay said...

I am irrationally afraid of others being afraid. If someone else is afraid, it MUST be bad.

More normal fears: pain, having a child die, and house fires.

HJolley said...

i am totally scared of bugs, but only if i know am around someone else who will kill the bug. if the person i am with is more scared of the bugs than i am, i suddenly have superhuman strength and kill the bug. weird.

kimmers said...

Dave and I watched that movie awhile ago (he'd never seen it) and I was reminded of how awfully depressing it is until the last 2 minutes. Not a fave.

I am also scared of going crazy and not knowing it is happening.

It's not at all irrational, but I am overly scared of scary movies, like to the point that I can't watch a trailer, read about one online, or talk about one without freaking out inside. Love Halloween time!

PS remember the Prosper rubber band fiasco of 2009? LOL!

Eva Andersen said...

I am afraid that I will lose my ability to communicate when I get older and won't be able to express to caregivers that I am in pain. Is that irrational?

Lindsey said...

I'm loving all these! None of them is irrational. I think we're all totally justified!!

Tabitha Davidson said...

I have a lot! Off the top of my head, I cannot sleep with my closet door open. If I get comfortable in bed and I notice that the closet door is open I start to imagine it as a portal for evil bad something or other and I have to get up to close it. I have even been starting to do it in Vera's room when I put her to bed. Crazy? I think so!

Evan Andersen said...

My greatest fear is that one day I'll develop an irrational fear of fear itself or that after we die we discover that the true test of our lives is how sincere our blog comments were.