Monday, September 15, 2014

THE Seinfeld Party


Yeahhhhhhhhhh.  I'm THIRTY!  I can't really handle it, so I pretend I have no clue that it actually happened.

I still feel young in a lot of ways - then I see 21-year-olds, and I'm like, "NOPE.  I'm definitely 30."


So people keep saying that 30 is the new 20, no problem, and that my life is just starting.  I hope they're right.

To celebrate THIRTY, I planned and executed a pretty stinking awesome Seinfeld party.  Seinfeld has been a huge part of my life.  6:30pm every day on Fox 13, right after Simpsons.  This is my life.  Most episodes are pretty easy to relate to my own daily life.  Naturally, I dressed up like Elaine.  We had episodes playing, socializing, a "little kicks" contest between another Elaine (Rachel Stratford) and myself, and the best themed food ever.  

I actually special-ordered black & white cookies and a marbled rye from my local bakery.  I had to explain what those things meant since we don't live in NYC, apparently.  They did an AWESOME job.  I decorated with signs from the show, pics, and food labels showing the connection to the show.  Throughout the night, we had 50+ people come and go!  I was so happy.  The doors were decorated with posters.  I wore a sombrero.  Most people didn't get most of the references, but I knew at least one person would walk through the door and exclaim, "Hey!  The Urban Sombrero!" - and I was right.  It was all worth it for that.  Rachel Stratford's date had face paint and she sewed him a devil's jersey.  It was perfection.  Wish you all could have been there!




















8 comments:

stevie kay said...

That, my friend, is CLASSIC!

Eva Andersen said...

Oh my gosh!!! This is fantastic! I'm so sad to have missed it. Congratulations!!!

Aleta said...

I love all the food - the big salad, junior mints, the PEZ dispenser, the muffin tops - it's perfect! And I knew immediately from that picture that it was the urban sombrero, before reading what you wrote :) And the other 2 in that picture are quite perfect as well - I hope they went to Arby's before the party ;) Sad we didn't make it - it looks like you had a blast! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Bryan laughed at what I got you and wondered if you asked why I didn't get you $182 :)

The McLane Blog Page: said...

stop it! I die from the awesomeness of it all!!!

HJolley said...

I am so impressed! The before-hand planning alone. Hello! Are we party thowers? I guess turning 30 is turning a new page for us. Way to go!

TORIRUTH said...

How hilarious! Jared was laughing so much looking at all of the pics! Sure wish we could have been there!!! Happy happy 30 yrs of an awesome life!

Merilee said...

Um yes, I would have gone and I would have loved it. Happy 30! Happy Festivus!

Tabitha Davidson said...

This is so epic Lindsey! I wish we could have made it! I just caught up on the past few blog post. I have to say you are such an entertaining writer! And the way you observe the world just tickles me. You are a joy to me and I am so happy to call you family!