Friday, April 10, 2015

I dreamed a dream...


Move over, Belle... there's a new fairy tale in the land, and it came true for me.  (PS, how creepy is the wardrobe's face in this shot?)

This week, I had one of my absolute favorite dates of my life.

To protect him and spare an uprising of rumors or thoughts that this was more than it actually was (two friends having a great time together), I won't tell you who I went out with.  I'll just tell you the story.

First of all, I had an AWESOME Easter weekend.  My parents and sister came to town!!  My mom, Heather, and I got to do a session in the SLC Temple (dream one) while my dad worked Friday evening.  It was so beautiful and amazing.  I could feel the power of that place the second I walked in.  So much history to that Temple.  It was simply remarkable.

I also had a bit of a breakthrough on my anxiety last week, which put me in such a great mood and made me sincerely full of gratitude.  These peaceful feelings were heightened in the Temple (dream two).  Heather stayed with me and we sure have missed each other.  It was great to just hang out and sleep in!

Saturday, we got to go to the afternoon session of General Conference.  I had been praying for a specific request, and I was answered in the first talk (dream three).  My family all looked over at me knowing this was exactly what I needed to hear.  It was beautiful.  I had a firm witness that God is mindful of me and loves me.  He is watching over us.  All of us.  I thought I wouldn't stop weeping all day.  Wonderful.


After conference, we met up with Strangfeld cousins and Oma for a German dinner at our favorite SLC delicatessen - Siegfried's (dream four)! 

I remember how much I craved this restaurant when we were in Germany and I couldn't find a regular bratwurst ANYWHERE.

After dinner, we got to go spend the rest of the day in Syracuse with Karl and Cherie's family.  We stayed there for the night, and my dad and Heather left the next morning to go back to Pullman.  My mom got to stay a few more days (dream five).  

Easter Sunday was awesome.  We watched (napped through - oops) conference and got to hang out with Bryan/Carli/Nicole's kids.  So much fun.  We helped them hunt for their Easter eggs and had a blast.  That evening, I noticed I missed a phone call from my ward friend and "celebrity crush" as I like to refer to him (like the unattainable gorgeous guy you just look at, but can't ever actually get close to and don't even let yourself crush on him for real because he's SO out of your league).  I called him back, no answer.  He called back again later.  I didn't expect what happened next. Just like all those facebook videos - "You'll never believe what happened next"

Celebcrush told me he was wondering if I'd like to go with him to see Les Miserables at the Hale Center Theater the next day.  He knows how much I love that play, and decided I would be a fun date.  I was totally cool and played off my excitement/disbelief completely calm.  At least I thought so.  I do recall him chuckling when I said, "I'D LOVE TO!!!!" - so maybe I wasn't as collected as I thought.  I asked him if I should dress up, and he mentioned I should probably dress up in costume.  I told him I'd come in my best prostitute/Fantine outfit.  I ran inside and yelled at everyone that I was going to see Les Mis the next day with undoubtedly the hottest guy I'd ever been on a date with (dream six).


Celebcrush and I always have a blast together.  He often texts me to make sure I'll be at an activity before he decides if he'll go.  He is super musical and talented, so we have fun just jamming together, though I pretty much hate the jealousy I feel when he sits down at a piano and rocks the heck out of it.

Monday came, and he picked me up that evening in his fancy car of his (name the movie).  OH my word.  Best night. ever.

He knows all the words like I do, so we just spent the whole time singing to each other and critiquing the actors.  Because it's Les Mis, and you just have to, we even got all cuddly.  He put his arm around me at one point.  He jokingly rubbed my hand with his at another.  There was a lot of silly laughter and he let me hold his arm all through "On My Own".  He gave me his jacket when I got cold.  He got me a drink at intermission, then we stood on the stage and pretended we were in the play for a bit.  He's a dream.  I dreamed a dream.

After the wonderful performance, he asked if we could go get ice cream.  I said no.  JK.  Ice cream is my favorite food.  Ice cream with Celebcrush?  Dream.

We went to Yogurtland and talked and laughed for an hour or so.  So fun.  So great.  He took me home, and gave me a hug outside his car.  I thanked him a million times and we remarked on how much fun the night was.  Fairy tale.

So, before you get all excited, I will say this - we really are just friends.  He asked me because he knew what a great time we'd have, and he was right.  He had originally asked another girl, who canceled on him.  I'm not reading into anything.  He's just a great guy, we had a great time, we are great friends, the end.  I just had to get this all written down.  It was the best night.

The next day, I got to hang out with my mom all afternoon and evening.  We saw Cinderella (my story was better, her dress was better) and McFarland, USA.  Holy bawl.  I sure love my mom and had an absolute blast with her this week.  I miss her so much already!

Celebcrush - if you ever happen to see this, thank you for being my friend and for an unforgettable night.

Future husband - you now know how to sweep me off my feet. Les Mis and ice cream. I'm not picky.

4 comments:

Merilee said...

I would be pleased to comment first on here. First, I love you. Second, While you were sleeping. Third, Ahhh true love. I know, that's the dream. It reminds me of writing secret love notes to people in my singles ward- ladies and men, just because I could. Best. Activity. Ever. Best Date EVER!

PS. I am not a robot.

HJolley said...

How did Merilee beat me to the punch of being the first person to comment here? I feel dethroned. Depantsed.

What an awesome weekend. I think I'm having a good day because I found a secret stash of Starburst jelly beans. But then I read about your weekend, and it takes the cake. However, if I had found a secret stash of cake, I would be the winner. Ya follow?

Eva Andersen said...

Love you, Linz. It was a great couple of days! I love your writing. It makes everything come to life. I love you!

The McLane Blog Page: said...

AWESOME!!!!!