Monday, February 5, 2018

50% ain't bad, right?

I was going through my baby book and found a paper I filled out and sealed in an envelope in 1995 to be opened in my 20s.  It consisted of a list of goals I would like to have accomplished by the time I opened it and read it.  Though some of these can be pretty tender because I still very much want them and they have not been realized, I burst out laughing once I got to the end.  Hey, half of these have come to fruition - that should be worth something!!


1. Get Married and have 2 kids
2. Finished College ✔
3. Get a Music Scholarship
4. Gone to Hawaii or Bahamas ✔
5. Been through the temple ✔
6. Ackomplished Tennis (sic)

Number three is no longer a desire since school is no longer a desire.

Number one is still a huge goal for me. 

Number six can STILL HAPPEN, RIGHT???????!!!!

NO, WORLD, I HAVEN'T "ACCOMPLISHED" TENNIS - BUT MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T BE SO JUDGMENTAL ABOUT IT.  YOU KNOW WHAT I HAVE ACCOMPLISHED? I EMCEED THE TALENT PORTION OF MY FAMILY REUNION EIGHT YEARS AGO. SO. THERE.

Some people even laughed.

3 comments:

HJolley said...

Maybe you meant "accomplish a tennis bracelet." That is also one of my goals. If we persevere, we can get there together!

Martin Andersen said...

Love you! You're hilarious!

Martin Andersen said...

Love you! You're hilarious!
Not Martin, Mom!