Friday, June 6, 2008

Summer Sandals

Okay, so I try to follow trends. I like to attempt to be fashionable. So the big craze right now? Gladiator Sandals. So I think they're ugly, and stupid, but then the more I look at them, the more I like them. I am totally coming around.
So, we go to my favorite cheap shoe store, Forever Young, and holy cow. NOTHING good right now. Thanks guys.
So, I'm forced to go to Mervyn's, my not-so-favorite shoe store. Guess what... HUGE sale! So I go hog-wild, as they say, and start trying on every gladiator shoe in the store. I was in love. There was one small problem... I have wide feet, with high arches.... oh okay, those sandals all looked HIDEOUS on me! I have never thought a good-looking shoe looked bad on a foot! Oh, believe you me, they can be ugly. So, I was quickly losing hope. Then, I found this little number on oldnavy.com and what's that? it's leather? and $20? and strappy so it will hide my wide feet? Sold. I am wearing them today and am in love.
So, then I went on this wild spree and looked for more gladiators that may match my new, innovative thinking of how to hide my wide feet. These caught my glance and I pretty much swooned (what's a single girl to swoon over, but shoes?) What's that, piperlime.com? $50? I don't love them THAT much! Okay... maybe I do... dangit. So then I racked my conscience for a few days... should I spend the money and just deal with it... or should I be frugal? Do I need them? Of course. Right? So right before I am about to plunge, I decide to check out the brand and style on google. What's that sears.com? $19.99? On sale? Sold.
What do you all think?

3 comments:

Eva Andersen said...

I love the brown ones, but the green ones haven't sold me yet.

Love, Mom

HJolley said...

i had the same dilemma. i didn't love the shoes, my feet are wide, etc. but i bought a pair and i love them! yay!

The Probert Family said...

I LOVE these sandals. Good work. You should be proud.