That's right, folks. I got a fever, and the only prescription... is talk radio. My beautiful mother and I will be driving up to Salt Lake today to be guests on KSL's Travel Show. We will record today, and it will air on Sunday from 12-2pm. You are probably not wondering how the opportunity came up, but you probably are racking your brains to figure out why we do not host the show on a weekly basis. Why on earth are they paying some nobody to do the show, and we're only guests on it this one time? Well, it is a mystery.
Also, a coworker of mine also works for KSL, asked if I knew anyone in the travel industry, and I said, "Oh heck yes. I majored in Travel and Tourism at BYU." and he said, "Okay, want to be on the Travel Show this weekend?" Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh YES. So after some research, I found out that the Travel Show is actually all about the latest and greatest deals and is run by travel agents. So, I reluctantly turned him down, since I don't think the viewers want to listen to my textbook reading. "Did you know that only 6% of the American population has been on a cruise? Did you know that a person who only likes to travel if there is a schedule in place, a tour guide, and familiar food and circumstances is labeled psychocentric? And, the fastest rising group demographic for cruises is the Gay/Lesbian crowd." Yeah... not going to fill two hours with that junk.
So, I told him my reservations (no pun intended all you tourism gurus) and he assured me that I only had to speak for 15-20 minutes, talk about my favorite places to visit and the little tips I could give fellow travelers, and I could even bring my mom to help me. SOLD!
So, that new wave sweeping the nation? Hint: it's not vampire romance novels. It's the new voice of KSL, Lindsey Michelle and Eva Maria Andersen.

8 comments:
Love the new blog face there! And I can't wait to hear all your travel tips and secrets. I can't believe he convinced you to do it. Nice work Patrick! :)
VEE LUFTED HEEM!
that means congratulations you big star in german!
i thought you were doing the delilah show. what a disappointment.
love it! have fun!
On the show, you should use the Queen's English accent and drop names of people you are buddies with, like Crocodile Dundee, Fabio, and Helen Keller. Then people will know you're well-connected.
Ummm...awesome. Any chance we can put this information into the weekly update? :)
OHHH, you are going to sound so posh! Wish I could here all your great and fabulous tips!
Yeah, I remember the periscope room! It was right next to the steam engine room.
Post a Comment