Monday, October 6, 2008

"You don't have to be stupid to be domestic. You can be hot."


3am Utah time: Wake up and get ready to head to the airport. Nothing will process in your head until many hours later.

That was pretty much how my morning went. Heather Beck dropped me off at the airport, and we said our goodbyes. I have some thoughts on travel-via-airline, which I will share after the description of my trip.

Friday: Headed to the airport with Lance and Ryan in tow. I was thrilled beyond reason that I had said no to the Croatia trip in the first place. Why, you ask? What was my one fear? That Lance would have a girlfriend and I would be ticked the entire trip that I wasted thousands of dollars on. Ope, yep, you guessed it. I do believe he is dating a girl from our ward, and no, he did not tell me about it in any conversation. Ever. After he made me move over on the couch, like he was throwing away a stinky diaper, so he could sit next to her, well, it became apparent. Then when she stayed after to say goodbye after all of us had already left... yep. And hearing her talk about him the past week, and seeing the way he looks at her, it all came together. Thank you, buddy, for the nice invitation to your house to watch Ironman and to sit on a couch with you and your lover. So, I'm moving on!! It will be tough, but I will still be friends with my friends and try to not let anything bother me or get to me. Thank goodness for a weekend away in Kansas City to eat two big bowls of chocolate ice cream, snickers cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory, my weight in cinnamon rolls, etc. Thank goodness for Heather Beck!




So, Friday night, I got in really really late and we went home and chatted and went to sleep. Yay.
Saturday: Woke up, got ready, watched the first session of conference where they announced a temple to be built in Kansas City! HB screamed so loud, the roof blew off the house and we jumped around in giddy delight. The next few minutes were filled with phone calls to/from fellow Kansas Citians, who were equally excited and emotional. Went to Target to buy tights since I forgot all mine and they MAKE the outfits I brought, ate lunch at Panera (YUMM) and then made it home for session numero duo and meeting Edward. After that, we went to the Plaza and boosted the economy by each purchasing three tops from Banana Republic. The second one is in a robin-egg blue and I'm wearing it today. I must say, actually, that these models are too skinny and don't look good in these shirts. I am curvy (I know, shocking) and actually fill them out and I think I look good. I need to feel good now so that works great for me. :)

Then, we hit up Cheesecake Factory, our new KC tradition, and got nachos, quesadillas, and snickers cheesecake. Mmmm. Went home, went to bed.

Sunday: Got ready, Katie Woods (from Heather's singles branch) came over and made us cinnamon rolls! She is a babe! We had a really random connection, too. Her cousin is the elder from Lance's mission I've heard him talk about for the past five months... and who he is currently visiting in Hungary. What the?! Crazy times. We watched the first session and ate Jolly Ranchers to pass the time. Lots and lots of Jolly Ranchers. Then, it was off to Heidi's house for dinner and playing with Heather's niece and nephew. Scarlett is absolutely beautiful, but obviously did not like me. We had a good time anyway and I adore Heidi. She is a great example of being a hot mom who is still domestic and awesome. I had grits for the first time and enjoyed ribs for the first time.
This morning is a blur because I have been up for 14 hours and it is only 5:00pm. I do, however, remember being on the plane, asking for crackers, trying to get my mind off the Lance drama, and them handing me this:
Has anyone even heard of "Lance Snacks?" You've got to be kidding me. That was like the time I was trying to get my mind off of Richard Taggart in high school, since he broke my heart on Valentine's Day, and my dad taking me to the movies to help me out. We saw Galaxy Quest. The main character's name? Taggart. Thanks, world. I listened to Leona Lewis telling me it'll all get better in time and felt better. I love her and wish I could sing like her! I miss Heather Beck and am glad to be home with family at the same time. Oh yeah, and if you have anyone you want to set up with me, please feel free. I hope they like drama.
Travel thoughts:
1. Don't put the exit/emergency door on row 13. You poor superstitious people. Dumb Delta.
2. Don't charge extra for an exit row seat and call it an upgrade. Then, when they're not filled, let people like me move to an exit row. I feel safer sitting there than having nobody who is helping with the emergency exits. Dumb United.
3. Who said it was okay again to serve peanuts on the plane? If my nephew were on that plane, you would've been hearing from me. Stupid Delta and United.
4. Don't serve Lance-brand Snacks. Dang, Delta.
5. Don't wear sailor hats. You're a FLIGHT attendant. Dang, United.
6. Don't give me a 4-hour layover in Denver. Stinkin' Travelocity.
7. Don't tell passengers they can carry-on that size of bag, and then fail to tell them they're on a commuter plane, so you'll have to check that bag planeside and bye-bye laptop. Stinkin' Delta.
8. Don't charge extra for checking luggage and then tell two scared international passengers that they will need to check their luggage again during a 1-hour layover in Frankfurt, Germany. Scary American Airlines.
9. Thank you Delta for printing off my boarding pass even at the incorrect gate, for my convenience. That was actually really nice.
10. Thank you United, for doing the same.

2 comments:

Katie said...

So, umm. I totally tagged you on my blog!

heidi said...

what? why am i just now discovering this post. you are hot and awesome. i learned it all from you.