Thursday, December 18, 2008

"No Introduction Necessary"



I got to go on quite a date Saturday night with a boy in my ward, Justin. This was one of those pick-a-name-take-them-out scenarios, and it was great because Justin and I get along really well and are great friends. I knew we'd have a good time without any drama or awkward-asking-for-a-second-date trash. What I DID NOT know was that it would be the best night of our lives... well, at least Justin's.

I took him to the Cheesecake Factory in Murray since he has never been there and I love it. We put our name down and they said the wait was 85-90 minutes. HOLY DANG! I told Justin that the whole purpose of the date was CF, so we were going to wait it out by walking around Fashion Place Mall.

We spent some time sitting in massage chairs and checking out the latest gadgets at Brookstone, then got sick of it and walked around some more. As we passed Zales Diamond Store, I saw a black man with a posse, and he was dressed like a pimp. Long green coat all the way to the floor, sunglasses in the shape of hearts, with diamonds... a staff in one hand and a chalice in the other, which was encrusted with diamonds. A green top hat, and hand bling that said "Magic" on one hand and "Juan" on the other. His posse was not nearly as ridiculously dressed as he was, but were still tough-looking and very non-Utahn.

I turned to Justin, "Look at that guy. Who does he think he is?!?!" I thought that he was a local, just being silly at the mall. They also had a posse member video-recording everything. Justin beamed from head to toe. He said, "Lindsey, Lindsey... do you know who that is?! That is the personal spiritual advisor to Snoop Dogg!" I laughed... but he was serious, and apparently correct.

So, I knew nobody would think this was as funny unless we had pictures to prove it. "Justin, I would totally go take pictures with them if I wasn't so afraid of getting jumped." "Jumped?! No way! These guys are the best KIND of black guys!" "Okay, let's do it."

So Justin and I walked up to them and the video camera went immediately on me! Okay! Justin said, "Hey man, can I have a picture?" and Bishop said, "Yeah, man, come here," to which one of the posse members remarked, "No introduction necessary." Nope, not for Justin. He knew EXACTLY who Archbishop Don "Magic" Juan was! After I snapped a photo, they walked away! I realized I didn't have a photo! Dangit, is that so lame to follow them and ask for one for me as well? Shoot shoot shoot what do I do? WHAT DO I DO?! Luckily, they stopped for a minute and I walked right up to them, being brave, and noticed a posse member with a BYU Cougars t-shirt on over his real clothes. I laughed and said, "Hey man, nice shirt." "Oh thanks, you know, I just bought it over there. I spilled something on my other shirt!" I thought to myself, "Wow, you have no clue what you're wearing." Maybe he's a cougar fan at heart. Then, I, Lindsey Michelle Andersen, walked up to the man himself, the archbishop, and said, "Hey, can I have a picture?" He snuggled right up to me and said YES! Justin snapped the photo, but sadly it is blurry. Sorry everyone.


The story continues. Don't you worry. After my photo shoot with the Don Juan-ster, another posse member leaned over to us with a card and said, "Hey, did you guys get an invitation to the party tonight?" Yep. That's right. We were then handed a flyer with a picture of Don on both sides, dressed in his pimp gear. The party was for a birthday for some guy named "Country Chris" and was in downtown SLC that night. It was appropriately labeled "The 1st Annual Players and Playettes" Party. By this time, we needed to get back to CF in case our dinner time was ready, so we said thank you and left.

The food was great, and it added to the glory of the night. Justin told me over and over that this was the best day of his life. HAHA! So, as we were driving away from the mall/restaurant, both yawning and sniffling because of our colds, I decided to make the night even more fun. "So, Justin, you have a choice. We can go home, or we can go check out the party." You can guess what we did.

We parked a block away from the party and walked over near the club. A few guys tried to stop us about half a block away but we just walked on. "Hey, hey you guys! Where you goin'?!" Justin replied, "Uh, this way." "Hey hey, you guys goin' to the party?" "Um well we got an invitation from Don himself" "Yeah man, you gotta go" but when we got up there, it was closed off, with bouncers out front. We just kept walking and went back to the car. Oh it was fun, though.

You can check out his official site to see more gloriousness, but the homepage is a little risque. Might just want to click on the biography or photo gallery or something. I'm glad I was with his biggest fan, Justin, and that even moms doing their shopping asked Justin who the guy was because he obviously knew.

5 comments:

Derek and Andrea said...

Yikes! I would have thought it was a Halloween costume or some Christmas shopping advertisement for the CD store or something. I can't believe that kid knew who he was...

Lindsey said...

Hahah... that kid grew up in your ward, didn't he? It's Justin Pilmer!

Merilee said...

Hilarious he's famous. Ridiculous you had to ask him for the picture on a second run. Oh well, I'm sure they all loved it. Merry Christmas!

The Probert Family said...

OHHH MYYYYYYYYY. hahahahahahah! That is the best story I've heard/read in a long time. What was Magic Juan doing in Fashion Place Mall in SLC?? You are so lucky that you were with Justin...otherwise you would've missed out on a very special celebrity moment. I'm thrilled for you.

AmandaStretch said...

So I just blog surfed my way here from Kim's blog, and am enjoying reading. It is sad, however, that I have to hear this story from your blog rather than my own brother! This kid needs a talking to.