Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fortunate Experience?


I know this blog is turning more and more into Dan and the Lady Folk, the blog we used to stalk until he got married and now his wife runs it. I understand that, but this was a funny thing that happened last night at P.F. Chang's, so I wanted to share.

Where to start.... May of 2008... I sat in Sunday School for the second time in my new ward and the guy I had been checking out all during the previous hour sat right next to me. I did something I've never done nor have done since, but I wanted to say it. He made small talk and then I asked, "Can I tell you something embarrassing without it being awkward?" "Yeah sure, I'm never awkward." "You are really good-looking." WHAT? Ok. He said, "Wow, thanks, what's your name?" We chatted through Sunday School and he is just absolutely gorgeous and completely down-to-earth. Apparently he was having some hard times so the compliment came at the right time. He was touched. So, we became friends and he invited me to a bonfire and stuff like that. Then I found out he had an on-again-off-again girlfriend. HOTT. Dangit. Finally, after he wanted to marry her, she dumped Mr. Perfect and his broken heart slowly healed.

Okay that was drama. ANYWAY, then he moved out of the ward and I still see him occasionally, my little pseudo-crush creeping up here and there. For Denise's birthday last night, we went to P.F. Chang's and he came. I knew it would make her night for him to be there, so I invited him. It made mine too. ;) He sat next to me. We talked about the new charity he is doing work for on Sunday nights in SLC, all the perfectness of his life and looks, and I swear my heart sank.

After a dinner of flirting and laughing and wishing and hoping, we opened our Fortune Cookies. Kid you not, this is what Dan Dan Superman's (great nickname I picked out for him, eh?) fortune cookie said:

"Stop searching forever, happiness is just next to you."

Man, never did words ring more true! He showed Denise before he showed me, and they giggled for a bit before he finally handed it to me with a sly smile. I read it and beamed. Since Joel was on his other side, I figured the cookie meant me. Ohhhhh if only!

6 comments:

Suman Family said...

that's a really cute story! i hope his fortune comes true! he sounds amazing expect for the fact that he's not madly in love with you yet...

stevie kay said...

poor Dan Dan superman had no clue how lucky he was :-)

Heather said...

that's so cute!!!1 But, you are disgraceful! You have been keeping in touch with Dan Dan Superman, AND SAW HIM LAST NIGHT, without telling your only sister!!! You've got some explaining to do!!!!;) That's totally awesome though...

kimmers said...

I love you Dan and the Lady Folk....I mean Lindsey and the Man Pack. :)

And I must meet this Dan Dan Superman someday. I don't even know what his hottness looks like!

TORIRUTH said...

who needs dan dan superman when you have, chris- the hot olive garden waiter- who thinks your creepy, to dream about????

i'm just sayin...

Derek and Andrea said...

That's funny! One time, Derek and I were on a date (before we were official) and we got Chinese food. His fortune cookie said the exact same thing!! We got married... He had that fortune in his wallet forever, and might still have it!