Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Little Verklempt!



Yay Heather for your 19th Birthday!!! We had a fun lasagna and broccoli casserole night, followed by oatmeal choco chip cake that is divine. We sang Happy Birthday to her and just had a great time. She's a beaut.

Now, for those of you who are 80s/90s SNL fans like I am, you will recognize the following figure:
Bonus points for the first person to comment on here and guess her character name, and who it is based off of.

"Talk amongst yourselves..."

Like my red-nailed friend would do, I dedicate this post to THE Barbra Streisand.

While we were celebrating Heather's birthday at Olive Garden after our fun Park City trip, a pair of older ladies sat down at a table near us. I starting giggling uncontrollably to myself and then my mom and sis asked what was up. Through giggle spurts, I pointed out that one of the ladies looked exactly like the Coffee Talk lady from SNL.

The cogwheels of my brain started turning. How can I get a good picture of this lady without being rude? Well, there is no way really. Whatever I did, my inside motive would be ... poor. So, of course, I asked the waitress to gather the troops and sing to Heather for her birthday. That way, I could record it!!! AND sneak a peek of the bejeweled woman for all of you to enjoy. Sorry it's just at the end and you can barely tell... but I promise.. If she had said, "I just get a little verklempt..." I would not have been able to tell the difference.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

It's Linda Richman....Mike Myers mother-in-law!

Lindsey said...

Good job Jenn! 15 points.

Merilee said...

First off, I was really excited to see the video, but every time I clicked on it, the picture you have previously just opens its own window. I don't get how to do it.

Next, I love that you told everyone to sing nice for the video.