Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rewind!!

Ever wish you could pause your life, rewind a few seconds, and take back whatever stupid thing you just did? No? I have those moments hourly. This one happened an hour ago:

While bringing a projector into the conference room, all eyes were on me. The room was filled with our customer service team, which includes some friends and the most adorable people ever (Kim knows what I mean by that)...

Mike V. said, "Whatcha got for us, Lindsey?"
"Oh this is for the Resource team's meeting next"
"Oh they have you doing their dirty work for them now?"
"Oh please, I do everyone's dirty work. ... [and then the kicker] They don't call me 'dirty' for nothing!"

Oh... what? Did you just say something stupid? Because I certainly did NOT.

Sounds of, "UUUUHHHHHHHHH WHOOOAAA" and "WHAT, LINDSEY?" and "SAY...WHAT?!" came from all their mouths as I literally STUMBLED out the door and over my sandal.

I tripped into my desk area where Kim thought I broke my sandal and I turned bright bright bright red. Pretty sure they saw the near-wipe-out as well from the conference room.

I have no clue why that came out of my mouth. Can I please have those five seconds of my life back???? Hopefully I haven't developed a new office nickname - but knowing who was in that room - I'm pretty much doomed.

2 comments:

HJolley said...

OH. MY. WORD. That is too funny! I especially enjoy the tripping part. Icing on el cakeo. Where is el cakeo?

Kiera said...

dirty