Thursday, July 8, 2010

Two Weeks Notice


Aside from it being the title of one of my top 10 favorite movies of all time, I put in my two weeks notice at Prosper last Friday. I got a job offer at BYU as a professor of medieval literature. I am really excited to finally put that Ph.D. to work!!!

For real though... I will be an Administrative Assistant in the Mechanical Engineering Department working with the seniors on their capstone projects. It should be a barrel of laughs - more nerd stories than I could have ever dreamed of - and just super cool at the same time.

The best reactions I have received from Prosper coworkers:

"Traitor" (times two... thanks Mike and Charlie)
"$%^&" - grandma Gail
"Cool, but can they offer you 10% off at Bajio?" - Dane
"What if I threw in a husband if you stayed?" - also Dane
"But you're my mother" - Gerd .... uhh... yeah. You're 70 years old, Gerd (Kim added "at least he didn't say 'but you're like my wife'")
"We're going to get a wedding announcement pretty soon then I guess" - Kory

Sigh.

6 comments:

kimmers said...

Don't forget, Kim Cannon yelling "What the hell?!?!"

Just kidding. Didn't happen fortunately (unfortunately?).

Going to missssssss yoooooooouuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!

Aleta said...

So professor of medieval literature - does that mean you have to join the sword and quill club? ;) I hope this husband that others have mentioned will not be a student in the mechanical engineering dept...I don't know if I can handle you having a husband that dorky. I'm sure people at Prosper are sad to see you go, but I'm so excited for you to start this adventure!!!! Plus it gives me hope that maybe some day I too can work at BYU :) Can't wait for some great lunches at the CougarEat (maybe I'll bring my DreamPhone with me too)!

Aleta said...

P.S. I love Two Weeks Notice too - it's a great movie.

Katie said...

i'm glad you are back blogging..i've missed you..you are so funny! congrats on your new job!!

kendahl a. said...

Congrats my dear! Professor of Medieval Literature, eh? Sounds pretty awesome. :)

The McLane Blog Page: said...

prosper is going to crap out now that you're leaving! But oh the joy I feel in knowing you will be working with all of those nerdy nerd nerds fills my heart...my cup runneth over...i'm real excited for ya! I just hope it's like your former BYU job and you have another ridiculous boss...i can't wait.