Saturday, July 31, 2010

Rise and Shout!


I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAACK, cougartown. Resident "Nerd Mom" checking in.

Well, we all know the only reason I wanted this job was for the "A" lot parking pass, but it turns out that BYU is really fantastic in many areas.

1. I get to work with Wolf Shirt this year. Yep. Saw him on the class roll. For more info on him, check out this post as well.
2. Vauna is training me and is the only person who laughs at my jokes. My bosses think I am super weird:
-----A. Gregg asked me to fill out a fun email about myself and "why you're so cool" to send around the department so they can get to know me a little better. I sent this to him, thinking, this would make me want to at least talk to this person and get to know her better in person.

Hello, Gregg. Here is the email you requested yesterday about me. ☺

*I am the new Capstone Administrative Assistant, training with Vauna for the next month until she leaves for graduate school.
*Born in Louisville, KY in the awesome 1980s.
*Moved to Utah as a child; grew up in Orem. My favorite cartoons were Rainbow Brite and Fraggle Rock. I refused to watch Sesame Street because I did not want to conform with society.
*I had to wear an eye patch in Kindergarten to help my lazy eye. Other kids had cool dinosaur ones – mine was Band-Aid brown. Thanks mom!
*I have been regularly attending BYU football games since 7th grade and hate to miss a home game.
*I have been playing the piano and singing since childhood and love music.
*I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Geography from BYU, with an emphasis in Travel & Tourism.
*Traveling is one of my passions and I prefer Europe to any other place on Earth.
*My dad is a local filmmaker and I grew up on movie sets and traveling to shoots.
*I can out-quote anyone when it comes to movies. I always have an opinion about new movies, so feel free to ask me first if you want to know whether or not to see a certain one.
*I am lactose intolerant but never turn down ice cream (thank you Lactaid pills)!
*I am currently serving as Relief Society President in my Singles Ward. It’s amazing the drama 100 young single adult women can create.
*I own every episode of Seinfeld and the available Office episodes on DVD. I am pretty sure I saw Napoleon Dynamite 12 times in the theaters. Changed my life.
*I love getting to know people and hope to hear all about everyone in the office soon!


I hope that’s what you wanted. Let me know if I need to change it at all!

Thanks,

Lindsey Andersen


Well, Gregg sent this back, and I felt humiliated:


Thank you. This is a good start. I would put this into a couple of brief paragraphs and talk a little about your work history and decrease slightly some of the personal data from you early life.


Ha, well I am Ms. Cool. He probably thinks I am the weirdest weirdo that ever lived. Don't worry, he didn't like the second draft either, and I sent the third yesterday.

-----B. While eating at the Sky Room as a welcome for me, we were chatting over delicious food. Bob (sweet 180-year old boss) mentioned that we will be doing this again for Vauna when she leaves. He asked her where she would like to go and she had not yet decided. There was an uncomfortable silence, so I piped up, "I heard she really likes Taco Bell."

Gregg pretended to puke and Vauna was the ONLY one who laughed. I love her. Carl shook his head. Bob said, "Oh, I've never been there. Is it Mexican food?"3. I saw photos of a steel bow contest and got really excited to meet the students this year. Yep.
4. I have consumed 40 pounds of Creamery chocolate milk and an entire box of fudge coconut granola bars (thank you Aleta and Bryan!)... oh and that box of ritz bites from them as well.
5. My first day, a rose was delivered to my desk from Campus Craft & Floral - from HJolley. Love her.6. I have double screens. Oh baby.
7. I get to go to Devotional and classes to improve my computer application skills.
8. Cougareat.
9. Discount to football games.
10. "A" lot parking.

If you are in the area, stop on by. 427 Crabtree. The nerd building.

Love, Linzzzzzzz "trying out for cougarettes again" Andersen

11 comments:

Derek and Andrea said...

Wow, first of all: What the beep is wolf shirt still doing in school? Wasn't he older when we were there? Second: Gregg sounds like a freak, or someone who wishes they were your professor because that's rude. Third: Why haven't have come over to tell me all about these wonderful adventures in person?

The McLane Blog Page: said...

Um....wolf shirt....really?!?! Is this really happening??!?! I feel like we're in a dream and at any moment we could wake up and wolf shirt will be gone...

Also, Greg...come on fella, get a sense of humor! I have a feeling we're going to be hearing a bit more about him in the future. he's the weirdo.

um, for your info. I laughed my head off as I read your "info" sheet. eye patch. classic...once again, Greg, get a sense of humor.

The McLane Blog Page: said...

oh and Gregg...drop the second "g" from your name. No one likes a show off.

HJolley said...

Super funny post. I truly miss byu--where else can you buy bags of random cubes of cheese and eat them for lunch? And nothing beats that chocolate milk. Absolutely nothing.

kimmers said...

Why must you make me miss you more??? I was sooo excited when I saw that you had a new blog post. My life is exciting.

Heather said...

don't worry. I'm in the other nerd building... across the path...(the one with all the hicks) it's going to be fun.

Katie said...

i love you! I seriously miss your posts..so keep them coming more regularly!!
Anyway, I was DYING when I read what you wrote. I think it was perfect..and Gregg doesn't have a clue. How old is he anyway? I'm sure his blah, blah attitude will one day be converted over to your super cool one!
lOve ya!

Semi Granola Mom said...

I think that is a rocking get to know you email, if he wants something more specific, hello, he should ask :D

~C

The Probert Family said...

Oh...my...goodness.

The exchange of emails between you and Gregg had me cracking me up. Why so serious, Gregg?

I'm a tad jealous that you are roaming the BYU campus again? "Don't you ever just wish you could go back?" (uncle rico) I do, all the time. We love BYU.

Jenny said...

I am crying I am laughing so hard at all of these posts.

Lindsey said...

Haha JENNY! I need to watch what I post now... Don't tell ANYONE about this blog. (especially gregg).... but you are welcome to enjoy.