Saturday, January 23, 2010

Playing Tricks


Pretty sure the universe is playing tricks with my head. Remember this post about really weird boys I have liked? On Wednesday, this happened:

It all started out as any other day - working, getting excited for Kim's wedding the next day, stressing out from all the projects and preparation I was in charge of....

I needed to get out of there, so when my dad offered to take me with him, mom, and Uncle Tom to the BYU Basketball game, I was more than happy to accept. Once we got there, I remembered one particular Valentine's Day I had spent at the Marriott Center. I had been enamored of one particular wolf-shirt-sporting boy (number 5 from the post), who was being a turd. I decided to go out with some ward friends to the BYU Basketball game that night too. Once there, I saw Wolf Shirt with his dad and a girl... who turned out to be his girlfriend.... Anyway, I was pretty upset, since years prior to that, also on Valentine's Day, Darth Vader (number 3 from the post) had told me to shutup and that I was annoying and he never wanted to be friends with me again. I don't have very good luck on Feb. 14. SO, I saw them at the game, my heart split open, and then Cosmo Cougar came running up the stands with a rose. I really wanted it. Ohhhhhh how I wanted that ONE good thing to come of that day. Roses are great. They just are.Cosmo ran right up to me, bowed, and handed me the rose. NOT EVEN KIDDING! My luck was changing!

THEN, a large man in a bunny suit (yeah you read that correctly), who happened to be roommates with The Judge (number 4 from the post), and who I hated, screamed, "COSMO!" His name was Rory. Rory once rubbed his face on my apartment window, greasing it up, then wrote in it with his finger "Face Oil". He was a real winner if I ever did see one. Cosmo literally withdrew his rose offer, ran away from me, and up to the bunny man who I hated. He gave him the rose. My dis-luck was being true to form after all.This is all true, folks.

Well, as I was remembering all this, I looked in the spot where I remember seeing Wolf Shirt. OH. There he was. With his dad, yet again. They must get those seats every year? No girl this time. The boy who dated me and his girlfriend simultaneously is still single, by the way. (shocker)

BYU won, and we even scored 81 points, which meant a free piece of Magelby's cake for everyone in attendance! WOOT!

We walked out, triumphantly, and I looked over to the Y Parking Lot where I had my DTR with the libertarian kissing slut (number 6 from the post).... We did kiss goodnight in that spot right there, didn't we... interesting. Glad I could relive that awesome moment when he told me to date other guys.

The day was just getting better and BETTER! OH, we forgot that we are out of milk and bread! Better stop at Maceys on the way home! I did not want to wait in the car, so I went in with my dad. Who should be standing in line to buy groceries, but Darth Vader (number 3 from the post) and his wife. REALLY, UNIVERSE?! Great HADES! I cannot wait to see what this Valentine's Day will bring!

All in all, it was a fun night.

6 comments:

Derek and Andrea said...

That's oh, so great. You haven't seen Darth in a while... I ran into him on campus a few years back, AWKWARD.

TORIRUTH said...

bahahaha. cuz. your life is ridic.

but in other news, i come and see you on mondayyyyy.
also,
can you email me your blog posts while i'm on the mission please?? i feel like i'll need you in my life and a laugh. love youuuu!

kendahl a. said...

I'm so sad I've missed the last few extravaganzas with boys. The universe is totally screwing with you. :)

heidi said...

my stars linz. what a night. i hope the magelby's cake made up for the trauma.
and your list of dumb loves is STILL hilarious.

The McLane Blog Page: said...

cue the backstreet boys song...

Quit playin' games with my heart (echo: quit playin' games with my heart) my heart, my heart! I should have known from the start (echo: from the start).......

Tabitha Davidson said...

GOOD GREIF! Chin up girl! I think that is why the big guy in the sky gave you such a great sense of humor! He knows you can hack it!