I am weird. I think other people are really weird. I know they think the same thing about me. One of my "weirdnesses" is that I have a strange fear.... I am afraid of rubber bands and balloons. I'm also afraid of clowns, so it is a special treat to see a clown holding balloons. I am not afraid of touching rubber bands or balloons, as long as I don't think they will snap on me. At friends' birthday parties when I was younger, they would play that game where you sit on a balloon on a chair until it pops, or try to pop the ones tied to the feet of your playmates. I would usually go to a corner, refuse to participate, and put my hands over my ears. I would tense up to the point of holding my breath and was probably sore the next day from my shoulders being shrugged up to my ears. Ohh, I hated it! Why would you want to cause a loud noise and chance a little rubber piece smacking you at a gazillion miles an hour? I don't get it! You're all crazy!
The rubber band fear is along the same lines. If they look even close to snapping, I will run away. I know where this fear comes from. In jr high band, we had a substitute. This was difficult for me already because I wasn't the teacher's pet! What?! I run this show, pal! This is MY classroom! The Ugaki loves me, and you are a poor substitute for her! So, I was in the percussion group, and was the only girl. Apparently, I am fun to tease because I give a reaction every time. Well, these boys were mean! They got a box of rubber bands, and started shooting them at me! OUCH! Hello?! Rude! So I held back the tears (nobody cries in the 9th grade... NOBODY!) and went up to the stupidstitute and said, "Hey! These boys are shooting rubber bands at me!" Tattle what? Well, he decided boys were funnier than girls anyway and just said, "Boys, cut it out." That was it. That was the extent of his discipline. The boys, needless to say, did not stop, and I was traumatized for life. Now, whenever one is even aimed at me as a joke, I FREAK OUT! A. They hurt. B. They bring back painful memories. C. They hurt! Am I weird?
I googled fear of rubber bands and balloons, and someone remarked that it is called "astihophobia". I couldn't find this word anywhere else, so who knows if there really is a medical term for my disease...
Photos that make me cringe:
Look at the creepy look on his face!!! I swear he was in band. Haha... rubber BAND... haha,.
Yes, this is Pennywise, the clown from Stephen King's IT. In the sewer. The ending of this movie was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo stupid. This part, however, was horrid.
This one doesn't even need a caption. CREEP!
1 comments:
one time my mom hired a clown to come to my brother's birthday party. he had a hole in his pants. that's right. clowns are creepy.
Post a Comment