Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Voodoo. Who doo? You doo!

Okay, let me preface this entry by saying I do not use voodoo or practice satanic or crazy rituals. When I was a young lass, I played "light as a feather" once with my cousins but then we were like um that was weird and stopped. That's it. Having said that, I bought myself a strange present for Administrative Professionals Day.



One day, Robert Pardon, a cooky recovered drug addict in my office (http://www.becomingwellnow.com/index.html) told one of the coaches that we practive voodoo up at the front desk. This coach (affectionately known as Captain Kirk - he's a trekkie) told us, and we got a kick out of it. I told Kirk that we should make a voodoo doll for the next time Robert walked by.


Today, as I was strolling through Borders to find some blank note cards for my Administrative Professionals, I walked by a little stand with some interesting gifts. The first one I saw, which caught my eye, was this:


I about wet my pants seeing this... and immediately headed to the counter with my Voodoo Lou's Office Voodoo Kit in hand. Inside were pins, a spellbook, and this two-sided doll:


Some of the spells include:


Twisting the arm of the doll and shouting "Fore" will throw off his golf swing for a week. - for your boss


Got an assistant who spends excessive time applying make-up at her desk or in the ladies' room? Put a little lipstick on your doll's cheek and your assistant will find her facial creations mysteriously changing to mismatched shades.


This one might work for Captain Kirk - it's for the "Computer Tech Nerds": ...pull up, Spock-like, on the ears of your voodoo doll, and the computer geek will find that Star Trek and all its offspring series will be blocked from his or her television.

So....... I showed Captain Kirk and he loved it and said I had to show it to Robert Pardon. Robert came up, and I said, "Hey Robert, I want to show you something." He came over and I pulled out the doll and stuck a pin in his arm. Robert smiled... no laughter.... (I'm beginning to think he really thinks we do voodoo) and then said ,"Ouch! My ARM!" then he walked off. Maybe this is not so funny to others as it is to me? Oh man. He is a kick in the pants. What a character.


On a side-note, the administrative professionals on my team (Kim and Amber - what up girls) got me FLOWERS!!



Aren't they sweet?!! I love this day! Also, Gail gave me a Cadbury fruit 'n' nut candy bar, and the girls also gave me the best present known to mankind... or just mostly myself:

Girls, you rock the house. The Prosper House of Goodness.


0 comments: